This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Yew Tree Farm, North Rode
Access Statement Introduction
Yew Tree Farm is a working farm with 2 guest bedrooms and a guest sitting room/dining room. Rooms are typical cottage proportions and not suitable for wheelchair users.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01260 223569 Mobile 07720444685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our location is 1 mile from both the A54 and A536. It is not ideally suited to those travelling without a car.
- The nearest shops are approximately 3 miles away
- The nearest bus stop is a mile away and the service is fairly infrequent.
- The nearest railway station is Congleton which is approximately 3 miles away. Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- There are several local taxi companies. Macclesfield 01625 421111 Congleton 01260 270275 or 07522900869
- We offer our accommodation to people with allergies and regret that we are unable to accept dogs
- Menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret that we do not have facilities to prepare documents in braille.
- You can contact us by telephone or email. Please see the Contact information section of the website or this document for full details
Car Parking and Arrival
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 4.00 pm. Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement,
- Parking is in a designated gravelled area which accommodates 3 cars. The area is flat but not smooth.
- We can assist guests with luggage.
- The front door has one step – 20cm high
- The door has a yale lock and guests should knock on arrival
- After registration guests are given their own keys and may access the house as they please
- Both bedrooms are carpeted throughout
- There are en suite facilities in both rooms consisting of a shower, WC and washbasin
- Tea and coffee facilities are provided
- We also provide a hairdryer, a selection of books and magazines
- Our beds are normally made with synthetic duvets and pillows
- We are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred. please specify before your arrival if required
- There are a wardrobe and drawers in each room
- Each room has one upright chair (no arms)
- There is an information folder in each bedroom, with emergency instructions etc
- Bedroom 1 is to the right at the top of the stairs
- This room has a 4ft 6in double bed with access from both sides and a 3 ft single bed with access from 1 side
- Bedroom 2 is on the ground floor
- Through the door, there is an arched entrance that is 68cm wide
- There is 70cm between the side of the bed and the wall and 70 cm between the end of the bed and the dressing table
- The room has a 4ft 6in double bed with access from both sides.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
First Floor Bedroom en-suite
- The shower cubicle edge/step is 17cm high
- Free floor space 70cm x 90cm
- Toilet and washbasin
Ground Floor Bedroom en-suite
- The shower cubicle step/edge is 22cm
- Free floor space 70cmx70cm
- Toilet and washbasin
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- Downstairs, one room leads directly into the next and there are no steps
- The hallway, 110cm x 170cm, leads into the guest lounge/dining room
- This then leads into the double bedroom
- There are 13 stair steps to the first floor; There is a handrail on one side of these stairs. The stairs are carpeted
- One guest bedroom is on the first floor and one is on the ground floor. See ‘bedrooms’ for more information
- The house is centrally heated throughout. Temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements and there are additional electric heaters if needed.
Public Areas – Lounge
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge/dining room at any time
- The room has one sofa, 2 armchairs, a table and wooden dining chairs (no arms)
- The floor is woodblock with a large rug
- Breakfast and evening meals are served in the lounge/dining room
- Menus can be provided in large print on request
- We have a small enclosed garden with lawns and flower beds
- Guests are very welcome to enjoy our garden at all times
- Garden chairs are available for guests
- In the event of a fire we have electrically linked fire alarms- please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- The building can be evacuated via the door at the base of the stairs.
- We do not permit smoking in the house but guests may smoke in the garden area. Please request a bin.
- Free WiFi is available for guests – please consider fair and legal usage. We rarely have any problems with availability but cannot be held responsible if it is not available.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before arrival and discuss any food allergies or intolerances.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication.
- Mobile phone reception at the house is generally OK.
Address (Inc postcode):
Yew Tree Farm
Manor Park Road
Hours Of Operation:
We are open all year but do take occasional days off